Saturday, June 22, 2024

Matheny, Ralph 3

 The following four photos are of my dad when he was a young man and before his marriage.   I don't know who the others in the photos are, but chances are good they are neighbors living near the Matheny farm near Blackduck, or they are cousins.









The next photo is of Dad and his mother, Rachel Alzora (Allie) Olmstead Matheny.  The photo was taken some time after the death of my grandfather, Clifford Alton Matheny in 1936.  Dad stayed on the farm with his brother Kenneth, helping to keep the farm going and caring for his mother until he married at age 33.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Matheny, Ralph 5

 I think Dad was closer to his sister Clarice than he was with any of his other siblings.  This is how I mostly remember them.   Side note: ...