Friday, April 21, 2023

Hiram King Matheny - Aletha Zorade Smith

 Hiram King Matheny was born in 1847 in Indiana.  His wife, Aletha Zorade Smith, was born in 1844 in Indiana.  They were the parents of my Grandfather, Clifford Alton Matheny.

Hiram and Aletha were the parents of six children:  Clifford, Esther, Maude, Harley, Sarah and Bertha.

I don't know the dates of the photos below and I have not been able to identify all of the daughters.


Of the children above, Clifford is the tall boy at the center back, with Harley being the other boy.  The youngest is Bertha, seated between her parents.  I am guessing that the next to the youngest, Sarah is standing alongside her father.


In this family group, I believe Bertha is seated between her parents.  Clifford is standing behind his mother and Harley, behind his father.  I have no dates for the photos.


This is Hiram King Matheny in his later years.  He passed on in May of 1936, his wife Aletha preceeding him in death in 1916.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matheny, Ralph 5

 I think Dad was closer to his sister Clarice than he was with any of his other siblings.  This is how I mostly remember them.   Side note: ...