Friday, April 21, 2023

William Matheny - Elizabeth Everhart

 William Matheny, born in 1814 in Virginia, was my great-great-grandfather, father to Hiram King Matheny and grandfather to Clifford Alton Matheny.  He married Elizabeth Everhart, born in 1824 in Ohio.

William and Elizabeth were the parents of nine children:  Mary Jane, George Leander, Hiram King, Simon Peter, Hannah Anne, Jesse Newton, William Andrew, Sarah Elizabeth, Minnie Orrilla.


I have no date for this photo.  Nor can I identify their children, although I am inclined to believe the man on the far left, front row, is Hiram.


William and Elizabeth, sometime before his death in 1906.  She passed on in 1913.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Matheny, Ralph 5

 I think Dad was closer to his sister Clarice than he was with any of his other siblings.  This is how I mostly remember them.   Side note: ...