Thursday, April 20, 2023

Introduction

 

Introduction

 I realize that I have accumulated a vast amount of family photos.  Some of the older ones were sent to me by cousins, but most of them were given to me by my Dad.  In a cardboard box.  Loose.  Most with no identifying words.  Many I remembered but a few are still a mystery to me.

A number of years ago I scanned most of my family photos.  Some I have stolen when someone in my family posted them on Facebook.  And some were shared by family members.

I had considered making scrapbooks - either physical or digital - to share with my children, grandchildren and eventually, my great-grands.  But it occurred to me that either method was very time consuming and unless I live to well over 100 years, chances are pretty good that the task would never be completed.

So, my family, this is what you get.  Plain photos that can be saved with a right click.  Included will be the stories behind the photos wherever possible.  I can't guarantee that the photos will be in any particular order, but I will try to keep like photos together.

It is my hope that you will enjoy learning about your family as much as I am enjoying sharing the photos and stories with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matheny, Ralph 5

 I think Dad was closer to his sister Clarice than he was with any of his other siblings.  This is how I mostly remember them.   Side note: ...