Thursday, April 20, 2023

Matheny Family

 Clifford and Allie became the parents of 9 children.  The photo below was taken in the early 1920's.  The family house can be seen to the right.


To the far left is Clifford's father, Hiram King Matheny.  Looking to the right are Clifford, Allie, Lois Vivian, Ronald Clifford, Veda, Vera (no middle names known), Kenneth Barton, Keith Alton, Clarice Alzora, Robert Bruce (known as Bruce), and Ralph Douglas.

These photos were taken in early June, 1946.  The little house in the background is in Blackduck and is where my parents lived when I was born.  My Grandma Matheny came to help my mother right after my birth.



The next two photos are of my Grandma with my cousins and Aunt.


Grandma with her grandchildren, Shirley Jensen and David Jensen, in the late 1940's.


Four Generations - From left to right - Dad's sister Clarice holding Shirley (Jensen) Thomas' first child, Betty, Grandma Matheny and Shirley (Jensen) Thomas.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Matheny, Ralph 5

 I think Dad was closer to his sister Clarice than he was with any of his other siblings.  This is how I mostly remember them.   Side note: ...